I plan to build a wooden canoe, and float.



August 26, 2010

Following up

Following up is an interesting concept. When I go to the doctor they somtimes ask to schedule a follow up appointment. Follow through is along the same lines I suppose. I guess you can't follow up without following through. When I think of following through I think about sports, following through with a shot or play. I haven't been blogging lately but I'm trying to make time for it and now that i'm sitting around on this computer at school I think I'll start. Stephanie wrote me an adorable little note that brought me to tears the other day, I think I'm going to use it in one of my pieces this year and see where it ends up. I think she'll be having a lovely time in JMU. It's not so weird here at VCU, I've lived here my whole live so it's not like its too weird.
Break ups are interesting. I think in the past they werent such a big deal for me. But after this last one I think I just can't take it. I don't see us working out. And I really don't know why. I think I need somebody more involved in a relationship. Somebody to go to school with maybe. I don't know. But lately I've been awfully upset about it. Its like the same thing was going on for months and months and one day I woke up and it was gone. I think when people get used to something for a long time and it suddenly disappears from them its crazy. At least, for me it seems to be rather awful. It's just a terrible feeling. The feeling of loss. I just couldnt believe how heartbreaking it really was, to lose something you wanted to hold onto. I'm really very interested in this feeling. I'm thinking about doing my next assignment on that feeling of loss. Perhaps drawings and sketches of inanimate object that somehow relate to the idea or feeling of loss. Whether thats losing something like keys or losing something significant to your feelings. I dont know. But I do know I have 40 sketchbook pages, front and back to complete by tuesday.