I plan to build a wooden canoe, and float.
September 3, 2010
Mem-o
Time is moving at a fast pace, or maybe it's just moving at the speed of nothing. Yesterday, unlike the days before was the first day. The first day that a meltdown didn't come my way. Lately, I've been so tied up in my new school, art projects and papers that I get lost in it. I get so lost here and when I get back to my car in the late early morning hours it hits me. Memories are a crucial part of what we know. Without memory, we wouldn't be able to learn. How would we be able to advance without them? But, what happens when emotion comes into play. When we've been actively doing something for a long period of time, sometimes we become emotionally attached or dependent. What happens when that something is taken away? When the tangible is non-existent, when it suddenly leaves us bare physically, but emotionally we are still there. How long does it take to rid ourselves of the emotional distress of abandonment? Does it ever really go away? Even though we get tied up in other things, we get lost in the physical things around us, and it causes us to think not of the things of the past, just the present momment. We find ourselves lost, and suddenly our distractions come to an end and were back where we started. Suddenly our distractions come to an end and we are once again left with our emotional distress. Daily, I find myself zoned out into the world around me, this new place. At the end of my days, end being when I am finally secluded, whether that be in my car or in my bed, I find myself overwhelmed with memory. Memory, I think ill read some about memory and get back to this.